The Market Management Team are looking for best in class, new traders to further improve the market and add to the strong existing market mix.
A strategic review by The Retail Group in 2013, confirmed the considerable retail potential the market has, especially given its heritage and fantastic location in the heart of the city centre. The study also picked up on the widespread goodwill the market generates, amongst traders, customers and local stakeholders alike.
Priority retail categories include:
Contemporary Catering – Pizza, Asian Fusion, Health Food, Salad Bar or Juice Bar
High quality / Gourmet Food – Delicatessen, Vintner, Sweetshop, Chocolatier, Artisan Baker, Spices, Oils and Farm shop
Artisan Gift Producers – Handmade/Designer Jewellery, Gift & Home Fashion, Perfumers
Traditional & Quintessential English offers – Tea Shop, Knitting Wool & Haberdashers, Stationers, Men’s Grooming, Specialist Cook Shop, Book Shop, Crafts & Hobbies, Ironmonger/Forge
In particular, we are looking for tenants who aspire to any of the following:
- Excellent customer reputation, based on high standards of product presentation and shop environment
- Demonstrate good self- promotion skills, including effective use of social media
- Complement the existing mix and expand the reasons to visit and use the market.
- Have or can build a best in class reputation and / or are award winners
- Demonstrate strong business skills, including robust financial plan.